Personality in simple words means distinctive personal qualities which help one to establish one’s identity. Personality of a child develops in a very natural process , which certainly can be improved further by proper guidance of parents and teachers. In fact, developing a child’s personality is in a way development of a child in every aspect. It is the responsibility of the parents as well as the teachers to see to it that the child plays enough , reads enough and socialises enough.
To some extent, a child inherits its responsibility from its parents. Coming to the specific question how to develop a child’s personality, it is imperative to know about the main factors that constitute its personality. Broadly speaking these are : Child’s physical traits ( which are visible), child’s intellectual qualities, attitude, behaviour pattern, feelings and aspirations, commitments and convictions. How the child’s personality will develop, to a great extent, depends upon the way he is allowed to socialize, interact with others emotionally during his childhood, the parent’s behaviour with him/her, how the child is treated by his near and dear ones, the cultural milieu in which he/she t is brought up, the amount of care and love it gets from its parents, the contribution made by the school, and the facilities provided to the child for his physical growth and mental development.
The most common criteria of defining a child’s personality is it’s physical outlook which consists of it’s height, weight, leanness, fatness and so on. However, apart from having a good height, balanced weight, healthy physique, if he t has a good sense of dressing and hairstyle , we generally term his personality as being “impressive or good”. To take care of a child’s health, he/she may be provided nutritious diet. It is possible to even help the child in gaining height and controlling weight with the help of medical advice, tonics, physical exercises etc. To make him physically active , sports or games are necessary.
Play – an Essential Element
Play forms one of the important elements of child’s personality development. It is a medium that provides the child an opportunity for fullest self -expression, freedom and pleasure. It is also a creative activity. More over, play is refreshing and rejuvenating.
It is helpful in developing habit of sharing cooperation, mixing up with others, being assertive and leadership quality. A child who takes part in the sports and others competitions, may have to go different places with the team. Quite naturally while staying with the fellow players in a camp or in some hostel he/she learns all these qualities of sharing, co-operation and so on .
Talking about the development of the child’s intellectual qualities, let us first take up the socializing factor . For a child to later become a go -getter or a dashing person (as is generally required by most of the top-notch organisations) this component or personality counts a lot. It is necessary that parents watch how the child interacts with the family members, friends neighbors, classmates etc. And they must encourage him to mix-up with these people or else the child would prefer to be left alone and may develop shyness and a sense of loneliness. Similarly, teachers can also contribute in making a child social .
Role of Emotions
While talking about the development of a child’s personality, one must t mention he emotional development in the children . Emotions play a major and a very important role in this context. Development of various emotions in a child from part of his personality development. Expression of emotions plays a vital role in an individual’s personality. Emotions can be divided into two broad categories:
1. Pleasant and 2. Unpleasant .
This emotion is displayed in different ways by the younger and the older children . Younger children express this through their motor activities like jumping, clapping or they do activities like bubbling, kicking, etc.. Whereas the other children may express this emotion by smiling or laughing . However this way of expression is different in the boys and the girls .
This is generally found in the younger children and is one of the most important emotions which is desirable in every child. Curiosity boots up a child to achieve something or in other words it motivates the child to become something .However, a lot depends on the atmosphere in which the child lives and the people with whom he mixes up . If they are encouraging enough, a child will naturally develop this emotion .
Affection broadly includes loving , caring and tender feelings . A child needs all these very much first from its parents then as it joins school, from its teachers . This emotion creates a special bond which further contributes in the overall development of a child to a great extent . To a small kid this is supposed to be expressed by certain gestures like patting, kissing, laughing, etc.
Fear is an example of the unpleasant emotions . Small kids generally cry, scream of shout out of fear whereas a bit older or younger children might express their feelings of fear by locking the doors, illuminating the room, drawing the curtains and so on. This is a feeling which generates from various reasons e.g. some bad experience, at times, from imaginary and supernatural experiences, etc .
Jealousy, another unpleasant emotion, is actually an attitude of resentment or it is an act of showing resentment against someone. It generally emanates when one finds oneself inferior to the other or when one seems to lose something. This emotion is expressed in various ways which depends on the person’s age, its nature and so on . A child, if jealous of someone, will perhaps beat that person or snatch away from it something which is very much liked by it . So while dealing with the children it is necessary to be very careful about the fact that all children in the family are treated at par . They need not be discriminated on the basis of their sex, looks, intelligence, activeness and so on .
Anger denotes a person’s dissatisfactions with others or for someone’s act. However the frequency and intensity varies from person to person . Anger, however, occurs more frequently in children whose parents either cajole or nag them quite often . The way the parents think, talk and behave has a great impact on the children. If they really want their offspring to come up to their expectations , they must first set examples by standing true to their principles. So parents proper upbringing of a child plays a major role in proper upbringing of a child .
Shyness is generally developed in a child due to lack of socialisation . It makes a child remain aloof, alone and confined to himself only. He/she does not feel comfortable in a group or in mixing up with different kinds of people. An extremity of this emotion may make the child timid, unable to express its views, it’s desires, it’s problems and deprive it of it’s right. It can further prevent him from making the best out of child’s talents and qualities. They remain unpopular and unnoticed which is likely to give rise to a feeling of inferiority complex in them. The best way to avoid shyness is to encourage the children to move around, talking and mixing up with more and more people, knowing their views, noticing their way of thinking, listening to their suggestions and then communicating with without any hesitation .
Anxiety generally results from worrying . To some extent, it is similar to fear but not identical. Anxiety is the result of an imaginary cause and it generally increases when one fails to find out any solution to the imaginary problem. It cause sleeplessness, tensions, depression, nervousness and so on.
A young child suffers from anxiety more than a tiny one because it is only when one thinks one thinks over a certain matter for a long time, analyses it, draws conclusions, and finds a negative result, that anxiety takes place. Quite naturally a smaller child does not have that much capability of thinking as a young child has.
The maximum contribution is made by parents in shaping the personality of the child. But it is generally the mother who naturally and practically remains the biggest source of love, affection, guidance, care, supervision, inspiration and motivation to the child in general an during childhood in particular . A warm, affectionate and loving mother builds up a healthy maternal relationship with her child which helps the child to develop its personality . Though every mother does her best in this regard, keeping in mind the fact that it is largely her contribution that is going to shape the child’s personality makes a lot of difference .
Husband’s helping hand – a must
Though the responsibility of nurturing the child, taking care of its physical and mental growth, its safety, and its study is generally regarded as women’s work and more often than not shifted to the already overburdened mother. But this in no way, lessens the responsibility of the father. Due to pressing financial needs women like men have to work to supplement the family’s income, which leaves them with little time of look after their children and they genuinely need a helping hand from the husband, who must share the important task of upbringing the child.
Brought To You By The Number 1 Personality Development Tips Site.
Incoming search terms:
- personality development tips for teachers
- role of teacher in personality development pdf
- personality development for teachers ppt
- personality development research
- research on personality development
- teachers personality development
- Tips on personality development of the child
- games to be played for personality development by teachers
- teacher\s personality development
- personality development for teachers
- personality development recent research
- personality development research questions
- research in personality development
- research on personality development in children
- personality development of a teacher
- role of guaidance personalty development
- personality development tips for teacher
- other terms for personality development
- personality development teaching tips
- role of guidance in personality development
- role of teacher in personality development of students in hindi
- personality development research ppt
- personality development ppt for teachers
- personality research question
- personality development resarch
- tips for teaching personality development
- ppt on personality development for teachers
- personality development for teacher ppt
- research and personality development
- research about personality development pdf
- recent researches in personality development
- recent research on personality development
- recent research on child development -- ppt
- ROLE OF HEALTH IN PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT PPT
- recent developments in personality disorder research
- Research studies of the development of personlity
- research on negative parenting and its impact on a childs personality developement
- research on kids personality
- research on kids and personality
- RESEARCH FINDINGS OF PERSONALITY DEVELIOPMENT
- research environment on development personality
- research on social and personality development
- research on the healhy personality
- research articles on happinesss/satisfaction and an individuals personality
- research ppt on personality development of students
- research article about childhood personality development
- research about personality development
- research question on child personality development
- Research Topics on Personality
- the maximum contribution is made by parents in shaping the personality of the child But it is generally the mother who naturally and practically remains the biggest source of love affection guidance care supervision inspiration and motivation to the child
- tips for develop personality as a teacher
- Tips for developing teachets personality
- tips for personallity development teachers
- tips for teachers on personality development
- tips for teachrs to develop her personality
- tips in developing personality development
- tips to improve personality i teachers
- to what extent can the teacher make or mar the childs personality
- ways of developing a balanced personality to children
- ways of developing children personality by teachers
- what is role of teacher in personality development tips
- www personalitydevelopmenttips com
- www personalitydevelopmenttips for teachers com
- teacher\s personality development ppt
- teacher personality development qualities
- survey on parents contribution in devleping childrens personality
- research wrk on personality devollopment
- role of a teacher in personality development of a child
- Role of a teacher in the personality development of a student pdf
- tips on gaining intellectual development
- role of teacer in developing balanced personality
- role of teacher in developing personality of children pdf
- role of teacher in personality development of child
- Role of teacher in the development of personality pdf
- Role of the teacher in the personality development pdf
- roles of teachers in a childs personality development
- sanatation and safety personality development and GAD
- social personality developmentresearch topics
- some important tips for teachers for personality development
- Studies on personality development
- www power point perasentation com
- prepare house la natural face pack
- action research peresonality disorders
- how to develop kids personality
- how to develop personality development tips
- how to develop personality in children tips for teachers
- How to develop your childs personality pdf
- how to teach personality development- games for students
- infant social and personality ppt
- intellectual traits to be developed for personality development
- kids personality developmewnt tips
- look made fade but his personality will remain however
- need of personality development for teachers ppt
- oct 16 personalities
- parents contribution in childs personality development in hindi
- personality development
- personality development and pleasure
- how teacher contribute to personality development of their students
- how parents are apart of a childs personlity development
- activites to help teachers to develop personality in children